HITEC is pleased to offer it's members the opportunity to register for one of the following three 90 minute concurrent sessions
being offered for the first time at the 2017 HITEC Dallas Leadership Summit on Thursday, April 6, 2017 from 10:30 am-12:00 pm:
Registrants will be prompted during the registration process to make a selection of which session they prefer to attend.
Overview - Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) Session
In collaboration with DRR (Dr. Robert Rodriguez) Partners, HITEC will offer one 90 minute workshop at each of the our 2017 Summits.
Our goal with this series is to support and help HITEC Corporate Sponsors & their ERG leadership more effectively guide and
manage their employee resource groups. Topics that will be discussed this year include:
ERG National Trends and Best Practices:
This 90 workshop will provide leaders with a broader
perspective on the current state of ERGs in corporate America. Leaders will review
the current corporate
trends and their impact on ERG strategic planning. Attendees will also study current ERG best practices
key lessons they provide to other employee resource groups. With a broader understanding of the
external ERG environment, leaders
can more effectively navigate their ERGs to greater impact and success.
- Review 6 key ERG national trends and their impact on ERG governance.
- Discuss the current state of ERGs in corporate America.
- Study several ERG best practices and key lessons learned from their approach.
- Gain a broader understanding of ERG initiatives globally.
ERGs as Talent Engines:
As ERGs grow and become more sophisticated, their demand for strong ERG
leadership grows. But ERGs don’t just need strong leaders at
the top; they need leaders throughout the
ERN. The result is a requirement that a greater number of ERG members must be capable of leading.
90-minute session focuses on the strategy used by top ERGs to groom leaders and develop talent.
- Review the commitment required from existing ERG leaders regarding their ability to future leaders.
- Discuss strategies to top grade ERG leadership roles so they serve as a magnet for “A” players.
- Identify the best approach to tier ERG professional development to groom leaders at every career level.
- Develop an approach to align ERG roles with talent management initiatives.
The 4C Model Approach to Strategic ERG Initiatives:
Today’s ERGs are being asked to make an impact
in a greater variety of ways. To avoid being seen as the “Food, Flag and Fun” folks, ERGs
the 4C Model as a strategic approach to making a holistic and well-rounded impact on their organization.
session will help attendees understand the powerful impact of the 4C Model, which explores
Career, Commerce, Community and
- Review Career programs that elevate the career impact of ERGs on members and leaders.
- Avoid becoming an “Under Utilized Business Asset” by formalizing Commerce & business initiatives.
- Learn how to leverage ERGs to elevate the Cultural competence within the organization.
- Discuss how ERGs strategies can enhance an organization’s Community outreach efforts.
About Dr. Robert Rodriguez
Dr. Robert Rodriguez is considered one of the leading experts on corporate diversity initiatives with specific
expertise in the area of
employee resource group optimization. He has worked with more than 150 corporations
on various aspects of their diversity initiatives.
He serves on several nonprofit boards and has won numerous
diversity leadership awards. He is a columnist for Diversity Executive
magazine and has served as the main
ERG expert for Diversity Best Practices since 2012.
Seating is limited. Click here to Register Today!