About the Program
The Emerging Executive Program (EEP) develops emerging Hispanic IT leaders with the highest potential and desire to become the next generation of Hispanic IT Executive leaders. HITEC continues to evolve, providing personal development and growth. A critical component of that success is our Emerging Executive Program, which is a cornerstone of our core mission – to develop future Hispanic IT and business leaders.
In 2014, we introduced enhancements and new positioning. EEP is more than mentoring. It’s a fundamental shift in our approach towards developing a core executive skill set. In a nutshell, EEP will provide:
- A model to cultivate Hispanic IT expertise
- Exposure and interaction with high-level IT Executives and business leaders
- A trusted and non-biased relationship with senior-IT Executive (including HITEC Board Members)
- Guidance on career-related issues, which are unique to Hispanics in leadership
- Deeper understanding on how the CXOs develop their organizations in terms of core IT competencies and performance metrics
- An opportunity to elevate leadership through insightful executive coaching
- Webinars that will reinforce the skills needed to execute as an Emerging Leader
- Opportunity to participate in a community partnership project to continue to hone in on leadership skills
HITEC Corporate Sponsors, Silver Level and above, have the opportunity to identify top performers and recommend them for a final HITEC screening. Criteria for the 2016 Class will recognize outstanding performance and leadership within your own company. EEP’s goal is to nurture and develop the needed skill set for 20-25 Hispanic IT Emerging Executives who meet the following criteria:
- Highly ambitious IT professionals with top results and top potential
- Top employees with a mixture of business & technology experience who are aspiring to be extra-ordinary business leaders
- Based on recognition of outstanding performance and leadership within your own company
- Junior leaders whose core competencies include: Change Agent, Strategic Thinker, Visionary, Results-Driven Leader, Highly Passionate, Risk Taker, People Minded
- Must be looking to progress two levels up vs. current position
- Have demonstrated a commitment to the Hispanic community
- Must be of Hispanic descent
- Must be employees at a Fortune 500 and/or HITEC corporate member company
- Must attend the program for its entire duration virtually from February 2016 through October 2016, including:
- 80% of the monthly sessions
- One (1) meeting per month with assigned mentor (call or in person)
- Two (2) HITEC Quarterly Summits (including the Q4 Summit in Silicon Valley, CA where the graduation will occur)
2018 EEP Application Form will become available September 19, 2017 and must be submitted by close of business (5:00 P.M. EST), December 1, 2017. Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered. The Nomination Form and Submission Guidelines will be posted near term.
- The company agrees to cover program costs, including: the cost of HITEC Summit event registration, travel and lodging associated with attending the program, should its nominee(s) be selected as a finalist(s)
- Nominee(s) cannot self-nominate
- Previous EDP/EEP participants are not eligible to participate
- The number of EEP participants is determined by the company’s sponsorship level (Silver or above)
- The company must receive email verification from HITEC acknowledging receipt of nomination application(s)
Nominations are reviewed by the EEP Committee. All questions should be addressed to Anne-Marie Azzi, the EEP Committee Chair via email at email@example.com.
EEP is the only national program focused on cultivating executive talent among the Hispanic IT professionals.
Key Points About EEP
To help you decide if this program is right for your company and your Hispanic IT talent, here are a few key points to be aware of:
- The intent of EEP is to identify emerging Hispanic IT leaders with the highest potential and desire to become the next generation of Hispanic IT Executive leaders. Due to the desirable nature and limited availability of Senior HITEC Executives, entry into the EEP is very selective (15 throughout USA/per year).
- The "giving back” nature of this program is two-fold: the program provides a unique opportunity for the participants to broaden their experience in Industry related HITEC activities such as local market activities and/or leverage content through our website. Additionally, it also allows participants to support future generation of undergrads or teenagers embracing IT practice via role modeling. Through the participant’s agreement we provide guidance and options on how to support the global village we live in.
- The potential impact. Our goal is that EEP will make the most of your talent Hispanic IT employees by creating a 3-way win model (Win for your Company, Win for the mentee and a Win for the larger HITEC family). EEP will recognize those with the most potential and will provide an improvement process loop so the Sponsors can assess progress and growth. Your Company’s D&I strategies will gain external perspective on how to advance progress of your internal talent. HITEC Executives are expected to provide on-going, transparent performance evaluations to enable individuals to be aware of their performance versus their EEP peer group.
- The training. To maximize the accelerated development experience within the EEP, there will be a number of additional training and development opportunities. These will include: (1) 2 or 3 of HITEC quarterly events, (2) a 2-day EEP Forum customized for the Class, (3) Monthly Mentor conversations, (4) Access to HITEC BOD for coaching and (5) A Speaker Series of world-class themes. Worth mentioning: the Emerging Executive will also be assigned a career sponsor specifically suited to his/her professional development needs.