Miriam is a senior partner at KPMG, playing a significant strategic role in shaping and building their Management Consulting practice, which has grown at a double-digit rate over the last five years.
She leads the firm’s Global Customer and Operations practice, which is focused on delivering industry-specific solutions for the front and middle office challenges of Fortune 500 clients. In this role, she oversees a team of more than 2,000 partners and professionals.
She also serves as a Global Lead Partner for the world’s largest telco company in the US, overseeing more than 400 partners and professionals serving the client globally. In this role she has helped her client to transform its corporate services organization, namely finance.
She launched KPMG’s Technology Enablement consulting business where she served as its leader for 3 years.
Before re-joining KPMG in 2008, Miriam spent five years at Bearing Point, thriving from doing what she loves – helping clients solve business challenges and knowing that her team was providing bottom-line value. She led multiple practices: Communications, Wireless, Cable, and Media, exceeding margins while doubling revenue and segment profitability.
Her industry experience was born and bred at Telcordia, where she rose up through the business, gaining expertise in networks, technology and call centers, eventually becoming VP and General Manager of developing and leading the customer care and billing units, with full P&L responsibility. Here too, she grew the businesses she managed multifold, with responsibility for both the US businesses as well as an expansion to Latin America.
Miriam’s ability to architect and deliver solutions to critical challenges has helped her build organizations and client accounts that become integral components and revenue drivers of the business.
- Board Member, Junior Achievement of NJ
- Member, STEM Committee, NAF (National Academy Foundation)
- Leader, KPMG Network of Women
- Fortune's "50 Most Powerful Latinas", Fortune and ALPFA
- Women Worth Watching in STEM, Diversity Journal
- Women Leaders in Consulting, Consulting Magazine
- Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Bell Labs
SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY
- Carnegie Mellon University: Graduate Level Program certification, Information Networking Institute Advanced Technology Innovation Program (ATI)
- University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School: Executive Program
- University of California, Los Angeles
Miriam has been volunteering for over 30 years, supporting a variety of causes including food pantries, STEM, intergovernmental organizations, women’s leadership, diversity, education and students/future leaders. Her roles span from volunteering, to fundraising to board membership.