About the Program
Since 2014, HITEC has worked to develop the next generation of Hispanic technology leaders through our Emerging Executive Program. To date, 526 fellows have completed the program, advancing their careers and contributing to our growing community. The Emerging Executive Program is the only national program focused on professional development and cultivation of executive talent among the Hispanic technology professionals.
The HITEC Emerging Executive Program is a year-long, cohort-based program that develops emerging and high-potential Hispanic technology leaders looking to become tomorrow’s high-level corporate executives. The work of the Emerging Executive Program continues to be central to HITEC’s core mission – to develop future Hispanic technology and business leaders.
A critical enabler of the program's success is our mentors who volunteer their time to HITEC and share their knowledge and experience with program participants. Mentors (including HITEC Board members) promote a trusting, non-biased mentoring relationship with their fellows.
Along with mentoring, the fellows benefit from:
- Exposure and interaction with high-level technology executives and business leaders
- Webinars led by subject matter experts exploring a wide range of topics
- Guidance on career-related issues, unique to Hispanics in leadership
- In-depth understanding of how CXOs develop their organizations in terms of core technology competencies and performance metrics
- Two workshops at each HITEC Summit when possible or virtual event format when needed
- Development of a network with other rising Hispanic professionals
- Identified as a high-performer and sponsor by a HITEC partner corporation
- At least 10-15 years of work experience (2-5 years at management level)
- Employed full-time
- National or Regional responsibilities
- Leads a team of 5+ resources
- At least $2 million in budget management
The Emerging Executive Program is a benefit for HITEC Corporate Partners. Slots in the program begin at the Silver level. Partners identify top performers and recommend them to participate in the program through an online application. HITEC will receive nominations for the 2024 Program from August 16, 2023 through January 26, 2024.
Partners must cover program costs, including travel and lodging associated with attending the program. Note that prospective candidates cannot self-nominate and previous program graduates are not eligible for re-submission.
For those interested in learning more about the Emerging Executive Program, please reach out to your organization's HITEC Champion, or to Programs Director, Cristin Aguilera at email@example.com.