Deadline: Please submit a resume and cover letter (please ensure your cover letter includes: 1) Why you want to join HITEC and 2) Why you believe you are the best candidate for the job) to VivianaCosta@hitecglobal.org by February 28, 2018
The President is the key management leader of the Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC). The President is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include:
- Community Outreach
The president is an employee of HITEC and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The President is an inspiring leader who works with the Board, staff, corporate partners, volunteers, and community to create a vision for the future of HITEC and leads the organization in the realization of this vision.
The President is responsible for executing on the the strategic direction of HITEC and its various programs. S/he is the chief spokesperson with a strong focus on advocacy, communications, mission impact, and relationship building. S/he has ultimate responsibility for management and administration, finance and operations, fundraising, corporate partnerships, chapter development, and governance.
The President will have the responsibility of working closely with the Board of Directors, Advisory Board, and staff in ensuring that the program development and growth strategies are in accordance to the strategic plan and that there is a keen awareness of the organizational risks and compliance.
The successful candidate will have a vision for creating the future, continuing to make HITEC a premier organization developing and empowering the next generation of Hispanic Technology Executives while ensuring Latino business leaders, sustainability of HITEC for many years to come.
Achievement of Organizational Outcome Goals. As the Board’s primary official link to the operating organization, the President is accountable for overall organizational performance and exercises all authority transmitted to the organization by the board. The President and the Board establish the long-term strategic direction of the organization and annual outcome goals. The President’s performance is considered to be synonymous with organizational performance as measured against these outcome goals.
- Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading HITEC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE & VIABILITY:
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of HITEC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for proper allocation of funds to reflect present and future needs.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising, business development and the development of relationships necessary to support the HITEC’s mission.
ORGANIZATION MISSION & STRATEGY:
- Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of HITEC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that HITEC can successfully fulfill its Mission in alignment with the organization’s budget, personnel and priorities.
- Responsible for the enhancement of HITEC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure optimal operations of the organization.
- Ensure the infrastructure supports the delivery of high quality services.
- Responsible for facilitating collaboration and internal communications with team members throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational methods, and information needs.
- Responsible for effective administration of HITEC operations.
- Responsible for attracting innovative, service- and quality-minded staff and encouraging their development. S/he is also responsible for ensuring the organization has a sound succession plan for all its key positions.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Timely and appropriate reporting of Board decisions and actions to members, funders and/or donors.
- Ensure that the organization maintains positive and productive relationships with the media, public, funders, donors and other organizations.
- Serves as primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Represents the organization to the media.
- Represents the organization on governmental or non-governmental organizations and committees.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge/experience in the technology industry
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more year’s senior management experience (Management or Board member)
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of HITEC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Organizational Qualifications: Demonstrable success in leading a nonprofit, public sector or private sector enterprise at the chief executive, division head level or equivalent experience.
- Personal Qualifications: A strong record of personal and professional integrity. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required with strong preference for demonstrable success in building and maintaining relationships with constituent groups, preferably at the national level.
Compensation commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Includes quality benefits package with healthcare and PTO. All interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter (please ensure your cover letter includes: 1) Why you want to join HITEC and 2) Why you believe you are the best candidate for the job) to VivianaCosta@hitecglobal.org by February 28, 2018.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as HITEC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance HITEC’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout the network.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.